Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Audio Technica AT6012

Having collected records for several years now, I have found it hard to decide how to go about maintaining the cleanliness of my records, old and new. Google search result after Google search result seems to find nothing but risky homemade remedies and advertisements for expensive, impractical devices.



This Record Care Kit is a product any audiophile should have at their disposal.

The directions are a bit.. Vague (and/or confusing - No record I've ever heard/owned was designed to be played counter-clockwise, Mr. Diagram-on-the-back-of-the-box), but once you get enough cleaning solution in the holes in the back of the brush (again, a bit tricky), this thing will really work wonders.

I cleaned a few old records I found recently with this Kit, and not only was the success of the product instantly *physically* noticeable, but also sonically so. Some of my new records sounded BETTER than when I first removed them from shrink. It really does work wonderfully.

Definitely worth the reasonable price!

No comments:

Post a Comment