Sunday, February 26, 2012

Audio-Technica ATH-ESW9A

I previously purchased the Klipsch Image One headphones (which are superior to these in ONLY one area--the iPhone/iPod in-line remote control) but wanted to try these out. I'm glad I did. First impression when you take these out of the box is "Luxe." The ear pads are lambskin and the wood is a beautiful, nice touch. Even the headband is padded with "Protein Leather" whatever that is. High end styling meets audiophile in these phones.



They are not nearly as bass heavy as the Image Ones and are less plastic looking. Having said that, I would treat them gently--build like a tank, they are not. The great thing about this set of cans is they sound great plugged straight into my iPhone and I don't have to worry about a portable amp. They come with a nice pleather carrying bag as well. I had my wife sit next to me and they don't leak sound at fairly high volume. I plan to use these mostly on planes or late at night, so they fit the bill.

A bit pricey, but worth it. These are easily my favorite travel phones.

No comments:

Post a Comment