Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Audio-Technica ATH-EW9

I'm going to level with you... I don't know anything about music... or music theory. What I do know is I love the heck out of these headphones. These are pretty. They honestly look like a very expensive musical instrument. These things look like they should belong in a steampunk alternate reality.



Aside from the looks, they sound great. I'm not a bass hound, but I do enjoy a fair amount of variety in my music, so it handles everything I throw at it; from New Wave, Hair Metal, Folk, Grunge, Jazz, and a smidge of symphonic power metal. I can safely say that it handles all of these beautifully.

Finally I wanted to point out that they are feather light and I barely can tell that they are on. These are the FIRST headphones I have EVER owned that I can say this about. I have always suffered from "Big-ear-itus" and cannot wear any sort of headphones without some form of discomfort, so this is a HUGE plus for these headphones.

The only negative I can say for them is the cord. Like many other reviewers have stated, these are a "behind the head" type of cord, so the right side has a much longer cord that the left side. This for the most part isn't a problem, but they have built this to accommodate a neck size that rivals the Hulk. I could also have stood for the splitter to be a little farther down on the cord... it's pretty close to the ear. I just want to say that this is in NO way a dealbreaker, and I'm just being over critical because this is the ONLY FLAW I can think of.

So in my un-expert opinion, if you are sick of sore ears and blandly designed headphones... you cannot go wrong with these babies.

No comments:

Post a Comment