Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones

I previously owned Razer Carcharias which is primarily a gaming headset that used brand recognition to increase the price. They sat and collected dust since the first week I bought them.



The ATH-M50s, unlike the Carcharias, will not be collecting dust on any shelf in my house, ever. I'll cut straight to the point with its features. The padding runs all along the inside frame. The ears are very soft and have a soft leathery feel, which can possibly cause sweating after long usages. The rotation of the ears is conveniently smooth and the headset feels very very sturdy overall. The passive noise cancellation is a good feature, it does a great job of muffling noise. Not completely, but I prefer it that way.

As for the audio quality, it is wonderful. Keep in mind, I have never had a headset over ~80$. Anyway, all my music now sounds different in a good way, more clarity and depth! Whether it is your music, video game, or movie, i think you will definitely notice new instruments and sound effects that you haven't heard before.

Be aware that this version of the headset comes with a coiled wire. I regret not getting the straight wire because it can't reach comfortably to the back of my PC. I will probably be returning these for the straight version.

I would like to add- For anyone that wishes to get the best bang for their buck, invest in an audio amplifier. It doesn't matter what kind, but it will allow you to really crank up the noise.

No comments:

Post a Comment