Sunday, February 12, 2012

Audio-Technica ATHM40FS

The Audio-Technica m40fs headphones are incredible. The clarity and range is extraordinary!



I was looking to upgrade some pretty well worn budget department store headphones that I had taped up pretty nice and these fit the bill at about $60.

The clarity and quality of the sound coming through these headphones is outstanding, HD quality, good range, not overly bassy, but solid bass, mids and highs are very resonant! good flat sound! If you want extra-bass they offer a similar model tuned to bass. I didn't expect these to sound so good and allow me to hear such a great deal of what I had no idea I was missing in my music. The noise cancellation is perfect, they are very comfortable but a little hard on your ears over a long period, I'll be able to wear them all day with no issue. The volume output is great as well I don't have to go over 25% and in my office if I go over 15% I cant hear anything around me, so that's not that good..

I see 2 downsides, they didn't include the 1/4 to 1/8 adapter to connect to a computer, which I and most others do! And I would have liked a simple neoprene slip cover case with a drawstring like similar phones.

With these cons, and waiting a week for my Ebay adapter to show up, these headphones are still well worth it!! They sound FANTASTIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment